This stand-alone course is designed for NEW C.A.R.E. technicians or firefighters, who through their job function, are now required to perform overhauls, adjustments, flow testing and trouble shooting on the MSA G1 Self Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA).
Those who should attend are individuals who have been identified as qualified by their employer to attend an MSA C.A.R.E. class and are currently employed by an MSA Authorized Repair Center.
- Explain theory of operation for an MSA G1 SCBA
- Identify key sub-assemblies of an MSA G1 SCBA
- Demonstrate disassembly and inspection process
- Demonstrate reassembly and functional test
- Perform overhaul of complete SCBA system
- Demonstrate Regulator, Pressure Reducer and Primary Alarm adjustments
- Make adjustments and flow test using Posi3 USB tester